How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi sir im illegal in the uk im from algeria and im 26,i would

This answer was rated:

Hi sir im illegal in the uk im from algeria and im 26,i would like to apply for Eea family member im livin with my uncle and his wife they are italien citizenship and their two british kids since my entry to the uk.can i apply?

Thanks for your patience.

I’m afraid that if it is only your uncle and his family that are EEA citizens then you would not be regarded as a family member for the purpose of getting a family permit or residence card.

Please refer to the following link for confirmation of this:-

Click on “What is a family member” under “more information” at the bottom of the page.

If you applied then they would simply reject the application but you would have alerted yourself to them and then they would seek to remove you from the UK.

I am very sorry.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry but ive talked to an expert on your website he said there is possibility?how come you disagree
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I mean extended familly wich involve basicly my uncle?am i wrong? Thanks

I think if you look at the other experts answer you will see that they say "If you are under 21". You are 26, so you would only be able to apply if there were compassionate reasons which meant that you were not an independent adult capable of functioning on your own and your uncle took care of you.

I'm afraid that you seem to be an independent adult capable of functioning on your own and so the application would be rejected for this reason.

I'm very sorry.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so i cant do nothin?do u have any idea how can i get myself legall in the uk?thanks

If you are not in a relationship with:-
1. an EEA national
2. a UK citizen
3. A foreign national holding leave to remain
that you have lived with in a loving relationship for two years or were willing to marry them then I cannot see that you have any options.

Please rate my answer.

Thomas and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What if i proove that my uncle is takin care of me?
It's very complicated. It's not just taking care of you. You have to demonstrate that you cannot take care of yourself. The most common way of doing this is by showing that you have some medical condition or developmental problem that mean that you cannot carry out day to day tasks.

The fact that you are writing these questions and understanding them probably proves that this is not the case.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes sure to be honnest im in good heatlh and i do work.
Well then you cannot apply on this ground.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im really lost i got my father who had cancer recently and im scared he ll pass away and im not gonna see him.i came here because igot a lot of things to do like studying and improve my english how about aplly for student visa?from uk
You can't, you are illegally in the UK. That means they can reject all visas except those based on a relationship like the ones that I described above.

I sympathise with you but those are your options.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi well i ve been in the uk for 3 years now illegally and i would like to know if its possible to apply for student visa thanks

I'm afraid that you are not eligible to apply for a student visa. This is because you do not have leave to remain in the UK. This is a general ground to refuse almost all visas and it includes a student visa.

Any application that you submit for a student visa would be rejected.

I am sorry.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you one more question how can i get a GP if im illegal in fact they will ask me proof of id and adresse wich i cant get it
I'm afraid that I'm not sure. You would have to approach a local GP about that..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi sir hope you re ok? Well i was thinking being illegal in uk i would like to apply for asylum as in my country Algeria we have a president who does not want to leave the power he s like a dictator he is totally sick he s 77years short simple words even if we wants to change him we cant be cause there isn't something called freedom.they always want to,stay in power to take people's money.(soon or later Algeria will be affected like it was in Tunisia Syria Libya ect..... I dont wanna be under control this president no way
And being 26years I'm full of dreams which if i ll go back to my country they ll be broken.I'm willing to study do too many thinks wants to be i really want to settle my self still single got no you think i have chance to win asylum? Many thanks

I will be able to answer in about an hour and a half.


Claiming asylum is very difficult.

The eligibility criteria is on the following page:-

You can see how to apply on the following page:-

In practice, only 19 of 100 applications are successful.

Kind regards,