How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I am from INDIA. I would like to know the background verification

This answer was rated:

I am from INDIA. I would like to know the background verification process for UK work permit / UK visa. Do they really do a educational and work experience related checks or only criminal related back ground checks?

Highly appreciating your support!


What visa are you to apply for please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


I have not applied for any sort of VISA to UK. But willing to work with UK. I would like to know the detailed information about the background verification process to avoid any sort of conflicts.


So I would like to know in any sort of visa process (for working in UK, not for studying in UK) does indian educational or previous employee related verification by UK embassy. If yes, Please let me know what sort of verification for what sort of visa.





OK, I will be able too answer in an hour, left home for work.

Can you please let me know what salary you would expect to earn from the job you propose to do?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tom,


As I am a technically good in the technologies which I am working in I.T, I am expecting more than 4000 pounds.




Hi Kiran, Thanks for your patience.

If you are not in a relationship with an EEA national, UK citizen or foreign national holding indefinite leave to remain in the UK OR you do not have access to significant funds to invest in UK business then you would probably be looking at applying under the Tier 2 category:-

The most common form of Tier 2 application is for a tier 2 general sponsored skilled worker visa:-

You will have to see if there is a job that you could do in the UK on the shortage occupation list:-

You would have to then secure a job offer from a UK employer who is or would become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants:-

If your job is not on this list then this means that you employer would have to apply to become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants and also confirm to the UKBA that they have carried out a the Resident Labour Market Test. This test is effectively to show that their are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role, though this might be difficult if there are other accounts officers who could do the role.

If they are willing to sponsor then you will also have to meet the requisite number of points under the Tier 2 points based system:-

You will see at the top right hand side there is an option to use their calculator to work out how many points you are eligible for.

They do do criminal records checks and also if you, but if you are applying for a Tier 2 general visa then there are no points for academics so they would not carry out an eductational check. However you should only even refer to academics for which you can prove with documentary evidence that you actually hold.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you