How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the current fee for a Divorce Decree Absolute search

This answer was rated:

What is the current fee for a 'Divorce Decree Absolute' search with issue of final certificate

Do you know the issuing court and case number XXXXX not?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, I have no further info. My birth mother remarried in 1948 to a Frank A. Croot and I have applied for Marriage and Death certificates


Please refer to the following link and you will see that if you do not know the issue in court for the case number XXXXX proceedings then he is £60:

It cheaper if you are able to find the court case number XXXXX if you are willing to pay the increased fee you then they will send you a copy of decree absolute.

If this is useful please kindly click accept and rate my answer as okay service or above. If you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your questions.

Kind regards. Com

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok for that, I won't proceed with seeking a certificate, not at £60. Suffice to know that my birth mother/father were divorced. As we came to Scotland with my father I guess he got custody and the case went against my mother.


Thanks for your help

Fair enough. Please remember to rate my answer..

Thomas and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you