How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a house wife (foreign citizen non european country). Do

This answer was rated:

I am a house wife (foreign citizen non european country). Do not looking for a job or self employee. I never want to claim any benefit from this country as far My husband and I can effort to live in UK. Do I need still apply national insurance number, open bank account ?

Are you in the UK already? If so, please state what visa you have..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, I am in UK and has been applying indefinitive leave to remain. I got a letter from UK border imigration and ask national insurance number, my bank statement . I just have bank account in indonesia. All expense for life here provide my husband.


Thanks for your patience.

If you are not working and not going to claim any benefits then there is no legal requirement that you have to have a national insurance number if you do not want one.

Similaly there is no legal requirement for you to have a bank account in the UK if you do not want one.

You will have to explain that you do not have either in a statement which you should submit with your application for ILR, simply to confirm that these are not things which you have but have omitted but rather are things that you do not require because you can support and accommodate yourself without needing to work or claim benefits because of you foreign bank accounts,.

If you do this then you should be fine but I would advise you to instruct a solicitor to prepare your application for ILR to check that this is adequately explained in the application that you ultimately submit to the UKBA.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you