How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If an Australian works in the UK as a Director within a UK

This answer was rated:

If an Australian works in the UK as a Director within a UK firm and unlawfully dismisses an employee, could it be that he has breeched the terms of his Visa application? Could he be asked to leave the UK?

P.S. The Company has acknowledged that the dismissal is outside the law.

Thanks for your patience.

I doubt it. It is a condition of the visa national’s visa that they should observe criminal law in the UK and not commit crimes but it does not extend to civil law like this.

Provided that the visa national has not committed any crime and otherwise observed the conditions of their visa it’s highly unlikely that the UKBA would attempt to deport over something like this, so the answer is basically no; they would not try to deport him.

Straining as I am to see how it might affect his visa status I suppose it’s potentially possible that this incident coupled with an element of either fraud or deception in the act which led to the unfair dismissal could potentially (very unlikely though) cause them problems when they come to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain but even that’s a stretch in that the Ukba would not automatically find out about it and there would be evidential difficulties in proving it.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am on a 50k package and they have offered severence of 26k, how much should I hold out for? I am 58years of age.


The question you posted in your reply is an employment law question, I am not an employment solicitor.

Your original question was an immigration law question, which I am qualified to answer and have done.

If you wish for guidance on your employment law question please submit a further question to the board and an expert will pick up.

Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you