Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hi Tom, Thanks for your attentive help, I have managed to

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your attentive help, I have managed to get EEA family permit in just about 15 working days and now am in the UK!

I have to start applying for the 5 Years residence now but have been extra busy for my daughter's schooling and setting up our new accommodation. I have no idea where to start with this residence visa. Could you kindly advice?

The UK Home office has return me all the docs that I've presented for EEA. Can I recycle them all?
Hi

I will answer in an hour.

Tom
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

I am sorry for the delay in answering your question.

Are you working yet? If not, what are you doing instead?

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Tom,

No I'm not working yet. Still sorting out our flat and our daughter's school. My unmarried partner is going back and forth between london and rome sorting our things out, hence, not working either.

When do you anticipate working?

Do you have documentary proof of where you are now living?

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, we have tenamcy agreement with one year contract. We have paid the first six months rent upfront. Also, we have received council tax bill.

As for work, I might be starting a temp job - teaching translation at a school- from mid or end of march. I might get around 500£ per month from that job to beging with. My partner can start searching for a job but won' t be able to take it till Jan 2013 due to his dental operation in italy.

We came here now so my daughter can start her school with not much delay. We were thinking of living on our saving till next Jan 2013. Our saving in english bank account, which i opened when i was here last time and kept it open, is around 20000.

How does that sound?
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

You should apply now for a residence card and explain in your covering letter what your plans are. Refer to your joint tenancy agreement and confirm that you have paid the rent up front. You should ask for a receipt from your landlord to confirm the payment and then enclose this with your application.

Obviously you will have to demonstrate that your husband is exercising his treaty rights by working and so should submit his contract of employment, any other supporting documentation and his first payslips/tax documentation

The application is free so you have absolutely nothing to lose by applying and I would think that you will almost certainly be granted a residence card.

I am pleased things are going well for you.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanx tom.

However, my concern is my partner hasn't got/found any job yet and he cant't untill jan next year. Would it be a problem?

The key is showing that he is exercising treaty rights. This can include being "self-sufficient".

On the following link you will see some guidance on what is required to show that he is self-sufficient at page 2 on the final bullet point.

If you can show this then he/you will be fine, just make sure that you explain the position clearly in your covering letter and support it with the documentary evidence of your accomodation and the funds you have available to remain self-sufficient.

Thanks for kindly rating my answer.

Kind regards,

Tom