How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been serarated for 2 years and really must think about

This answer was rated:

I have been serarated for 2 years and really must think about changing my will. How difficult and costly will this be?

Are you still married?

What does your Will currently say?

What do you want it to say?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am still married had no contact in 2yrs, basically our children from previous marriages are taken care of and what we had goes to one another. I do not want him or his children to get anything of mine. Everything of mine to my daughter and grandchildren.


Thanks for your patience.

You need to execute a Will immediately. As it stands, if you are still married then the previous Will would be enforceable.

Your new will shall be able to deal with your requirements. You should contact a local solicitor about preparing and executing one for you. You should be able to get it done for around £150.00

If you are over 55 then you might be able to get a Will done for free via Barnados or other similar charity as they run free will schemes.

You can find local solicitors using the Law Society’s find a solicitor search engine:-

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you