How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PortsmouthLaw Your Own Question
PortsmouthLaw, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 255
Experience:  I have been a Solicitor since 1981 with experience in property, landlord & tenant & wills & probate
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
PortsmouthLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to sell my nan house she has past and Im next kin where

This answer was rated:

I need to sell my nan house she has past and I'm next kin where do I start

PortsmouthLaw :

Hi I take it that your Nan did not leave a Will. If she did, it is the Executor of the Will who needs to apply for a Grant of Probate to her estate. If she left no Will and as you are the next of kin, you need to apply for a grant of Letters of Administration to her estate. You can do this in person by going to the nearest Probate Registry and getting the necessary forms, or you can ask a solicitor to do it for you. The Grant will be your authority to sell the property.


Hope this answers your question but if you need more help please feel free to ask

PortsmouthLaw and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you