How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how can l change the date of birth in my passport is wrong

This answer was rated:

how can l change the date of birth in my passport is wrong?

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE.


Where is your birth certificate?



Kind regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

got it with me

Thank you for your reply.


Does that have the correct date of birth on it?

And do you want to change your date of birth on a British passport?


Kind regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes please

Thank you for your reply.

You should send your original birth certificate along with your passport pointing out the fact that they have made a mistake in your school certificate and ask them to amend this on your passport. You may want to send it special delivery so they do not lose your passport and birth certificate in the post.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I.can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

do u think l wont get into trouble because didn`t tell them when l claim asylum.both the name and the date of birth on the passport is not mine.told my previous lawyer before l was granted indefinite and she didn`t do anything about it!couldn`t get my passport on time before l came here.

Thank you for your reply.

You now have three options.

1. You don't do anything.

2. You write a letter to the passport agency explaining that your legal advisor advised you not to amend your date of birth.

3. You obtain an affidavit from your legal advisor stating that he advised you to not to change your date of birth name etc.

If you do decide to change your date of birth then the passport agency may carry out further investigation in your matter, but I do not believe that they will be able to revoke your citizenship.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and 3 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the best is to leave it .is it right! thanks for u help!

It's a pleasure.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

can l leave it or do the affidavit? so confused! which one is the best way? please help really need an accurate advise!