UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992 section 23. Access Orders…

Customer Question
Access to Neighbouring Land Act...
Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992 section 23. Access Orders 1.3ab refers to interference and disturbance. The home owner denying access is very Ill. Her doctor advises NO stress. Would a court dismiss the Case with no access on seeing a letter from her Doctor?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Law
7/2/2012
Solicitor: John Knox, Solicitor replied 6 years ago
John Knox
John Knox, Solicitor

I will do my best to help you with this.

I think that you would struggle where the neighbour is very ill, yes. I cannot see the Court sanctioning access until the neighbour is better. It could clearly cause hardship and suffering and the Court would not consider it reasonable to make the access order.

I would recommend you keep the situation under review and wait until the neighbour makes some improvement before making your application.

Please rate me OK SERVICE and I will gladly answer your follow up questions.

Best wishes