UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Hi, I need to know some relevant case law regarding Equality…

Customer Question
Hi, I need to know some...

I need to know some relevant case law regarding Equality Act (or Discrimination Act as it was called). Provision of goods and services failure to make reasonable adjustments.

My understanding is that time runs from the first failure to make a reasonable adjustment, and runs for 6 months.

However, if repeated requests for reasonable adjustments are made, under what circumstances would time start again?

So my question is, which case law would cover time starting again, or not starting again, when multiple requests for reasonable adjustments have been submitted.

Thank You
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: UK Law
7/2/2012
Solicitor: Fran-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Fran-mod
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Hi, Would still really like an answer :)
Solicitor: Fran-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Solicitor: UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor replied 5 years ago
UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor

The limitation period in which to bring a claim was 6 months under the DDA. The 6 months period ran from the time the act complained of was committed and proceedings had to be brought before the 6 months were up.

See page 132 (para 6 of 3 rd Schedule of DDA): http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/uploaded_files/disability_discrimination_act_1995.pdf

I cannot find case law on this statutory provision and you need to reply on the statute

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
How do I accept you answer?
It has been accepted already.

Thank you
UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor