UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have two years left on my Lease. For financial reasons I…

I have two years left...
I have two years left on my Lease. For financial reasons I would like to merge with another agency as they have ample space. If I were to close the original company and re-brand, would the liabilities cease? It is a Limited company.
7/1/2012
INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate

INC :

Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

INC :

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

INC :

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions. Kind regards

Customer:
INC : Hi, do you have any further questions?
Customer:
Customer:

I understand you are not online. I'm rather confused as to whether you have answered my question or not?

Customer:

Thank you

Christine

Customer:
INC : Hi, I am online
Customer:

Hi, I cannot see that you have answered the question, I am online most of today.

INC :

INC :

I am not sure what happened to my response.

INC :

If you were to close the original company, the liabilities in respect of the Lease would cease if the Lease has been entered into by the Company.

INC :

If the Lease was entered into by the Company and the Company ceases trading, any liabilities or obligations which arise under the Lease cannot be enforced against a company that is no longer trading.

INC :
INC :

Customer:

Customer:

Hi, If I close the company would other liabilities cease such as:

Customer:

1) PAYE tax (it is a small amount). 2) Dispute with landlord.

Customer:

Hi, Please advise how I should go about closing the company?

Customer:

Please advise how I should go about closing the company?

INC :

Hi, If you close the company down, you will still be liable for PAYE Tax, however, your dispute with the landlord will cease.

INC :
INC :

In order to close the company, you will need to make an application to Companies House.

INC :

Customer:
INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate