UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Police found a few (around 10) level 1 pictures in my computer…

Police found a few (around...
Police found a few (around 10) level 1 pictures in my computer and i was arrested interview recorded. Give me police bail for six months becouse they took my others computer to check. That was one year ago, and after six months I went to police station and they give me another police bail for another six months,and now i went again and they said still are checking and give me another 3 months police bail. My question is, what could hapend to me if they dont found any more pics in my other computers.
7/1/2012
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

There are 3 things that could happen:

1) You could be re-bailed
2) They could take no further action
3) They could charge you with an offence / Caution you

Please remember to click *** SMILEY FACE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.

When you said in the number 3, They could charge with and offence/caution you, could you explein a bit more what that meaning? I will need then to go court? Who give a caution, police or court? Also in my record of police bail, they said " allegade offence: Possess indecent photograph of a child" Is that already a offence charge?

thanks

It is a matter for the Police and their policy on charging whether or not you are offered a caution.

Yes, possession of indecent image is an offence.

If you are charged and not offered a caution, then yes you will have to go to Court.

And if convicted will have sign the Sex Offenders Register.

And if go to court, what could be the more likely conviction or sentenced for possess only a few pictures of level 1?

thanks

Yes, it is an offence.

You would probably get a Community Order (probation).

then, if i get community order, i will need sign the Sex Offenders Register.? And is a conviction?

thanks..

Yes you would.

UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice