UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

How is land reclamation (from the sea) defined? What are the…

How is land reclamation (from...
How is land reclamation (from the sea) defined? What are the elements that must be proven in English law to prove that land has been reclaimed by an individula?
7/1/2012
UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
I own property near the sea in the Brighton, UK. Via wave action and erosion, I have lost some of it. I want to get back my lost land by using fill or sand. Will I be in breach of any laws if I do this and do I need any approvals?
I have nor received a response; please pass the question on to someone else if you are unable to answer it.
I have opted out and no-one seems to know for sure.

I would suggest that you contact the local authority to see what their thoughts are about this, I have a feeling you do not need approval for your land which you are reclaiming from the sea.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Hmm...for environmental reasons, I suspect you may need approval but I will try the local authority.
good luck
UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor