How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I am interested in fresh vegetables and fruits business

Resolved Question:

Hi, I am interested in fresh vegetables and fruits business in England.

I want to import the fresh vegetables and fruits from India? what kind of permission or standards certification i should obtain to this business. please explain the procedure.

Thank you.

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi Reddy,
Thanks for your question.
If you wisht o import fresh fruit and vegatables in to the UK, or in to the European Economic Area then you they would have to meet the standards set across the EEA . If you wish to import in to the UK then you would have to obtain a Certificate of Conformity from Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA).
I think the department that deals with this is the Horticultural Marketing department I would suggest that the best way forward would be to give them a telephone call and ask to be reffered to the relevant forms and literature for your purposes
It would also be sensible for you to familiarise yourself with HMRC’s starting guidance for people considering importing:-
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you