UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I took out a warranty agreement with a Satellite Firm

Customer Question
"Satellites 4u " to cover...
I took out a warranty agreement with a Satellite Firm "Satellites 4u " to cover my sky hd box etc for a term of 3years at a cost of £229 on the 16th August 2011[by telephone -their call]. I then realized that I already had cover for this with SKY PROTECT at a cost of £8.25 month. I wrote to the firm pointing out my error , apologising for this and asking if the contract could be cancelled and my money refunded.They said that I only had 7 days to cancel which is correct "cancellation rights-the service and repair cancellationbegins as soon as an order has been made and it ends seven days after the day the order was made " I was unhappy with this and wrote to the firm saying that I would be happy to settle on the basis of receiving just 2 of the 3 years money and letting them keep 1 years money for just 2 years cover . I wrote to my credit card co but they are unable to help under the 120 day clawback scheme. I just thought that being an O.A.P. and trying to be reasonable they might reciprocate but obviously not . Is there any point pursuing this ?? Michael XXXX XXXXXXXX , XXXXXXXXXXXX]
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Law
11/3/2011
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 6 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi
Thank you for your question. I will try to help with this.
When did you realise you already have cover?
about the 21st October
OK.
I presume this is a firm indepedent from sky so they would not have realised that there was cover already in place?

this firm has nothing to do with SKY -they would not know I already had cover .It was just a t/phone call to me that I took it up [obviously forgetting that I already had cover ].

I know I have been a bit thick but I just thought they might be reasonable and give me a proportionate refund .

If you think I have no case -please say so.

Also please note that I do not wish to continue with this legal question and do not wish to continue with this monthly legal service apart from the £33 I have already paid.

I wish to cancel the agreement.

***** *****

I will opt out then.
Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer