How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a UK Visit visa (Type C) which is valid for five years.

Customer Question

I have a UK Visit visa (Type C) which is valid for five years. I applied for this visa as a Tourist and I already visited UK for vacation a few times. This visa is still valid for three more years and is multiple entry.

Now, If I need to visit UK for a business trip, will I need to apply for a new Business Visit Visa or will my current visa be fine? My trip will be to attend a business meeting or to attend a training course orgranized by my company. Duration will be around one to two weeks. I will not work in UK , and I will be employeed by my company abroad (In Dubai, UAE).
In case I will need to apply for a new C- Business Visa, will my old Visit visa, which is still valid, be cancelled or will I continue to hold two visas?

Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following using the same numbering:-

  • 1. Will it be necessary for you to visit or work in the UK again following the trip?

Kind regards.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Thomas
1. Yes, Let's assume that i will need to visit UK after the trip. Whether for a quick vacation or a business need that arises. (Which is the reason I applied for a five year UK visa, convenience).

As far as I know, a Schengen Visa can be used for both purposes. It is only the application form that may differ.

Is this the same for UK?


Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Samih,

Thanks for reply.


If you are presently holding a 5 year multi entry visitor's visa then it is obviously a condition of the visa that you use it only for the purpose of visiting. This excludes work and therefore working in the UK would be a breach of a condition of your visa.


However, it's a bit of a blurred line - for example you could receive a telephone call about work, should you not take it?


IN the circumstances though, if it is to be meetings and a 2 week course then I should think that in order to avoid prejudicing yourself with respect to visits or applications then an application for a Business Visitor's visa would seem the most appropriate form of application. You can explain your situation in a covering letter to them, stating that you wish to ensure there is no possibility of you inadvertently breaching your multi-entry visa.


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.


I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,