How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7618
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have been granteed indefinite leave to remain UK since 2010.

Resolved Question:

i have been granteed indefinite leave to remain UK since 2010. If i want to go to Florida for the holidays do i need visa?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.


Thanks for your question.


If you are a national of a country that usually requires a visas to travel to the US then you will still need to obtain a visa before travelling despite having received ILR in the UK. ILR does not change your nationality, it simply means you have an indefinite right to remain in the UK whilst you are here.


UK citizens do not require a visa to visit the US. If you wish to naturalise as a UK citizen you must meet the criteria on the following page and apply for naturalisation:-


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.


I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,


Thomas and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you