How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is applying for a spouse settlement visa, I have

Resolved Question:

My husband is applying for a spouse settlement visa, I have supplied all the required documents according to the guidelines of Home Office, Now my question is I did not supply the P60 as I have included my payslips for six months since December 2010 to June 2011, Also I have a letter from my employers which states how much I am paid annually, do they really need a P60 when I have supplied all the other information. My husband is applying from Zimbabwe myself and the three children are British citizen now for over ttwo years.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Provided you have submitted bank statements, pay slips and a letter from your employer as to your annual salary I would expect the UKBA to accept this as adequate proof of your. I have certainly had clients that have met the financial criteria for settlement with submitting less than the amount of evidence you are submitting.

Each application is judged on a case by case basis and the UKBA are generally more likely to accept what would otherwise by a small deficiency in supporting evidence if there is little doubt that the income evidence by the documentation that has been submitted easily covers the amount you would require in order to support and accdomodate yourselves without recourse to public funds.

I would expect that if your application does not contain any other defects for you to receive an approval of the application.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Thomas and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have used statements with overdraft used and still my pay and all my bills are taken out from the same account and my bank balance is in overdraft at the moment, all my other part time jobs payments go in the same account, what do you suggest
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

If you have submitted your application already then you cannot send further documentation right now. You have to wait until your application is determined and, if unsuccessful, submit a new application with additional documentation.

Provided you have submitted the relevant payslips and bank statements and your level of funds is otherwise sufficient I should expect the UKBA to conclude that you meet the financial criteria.

I trust this clarifies, if so please click accept.

Kind regards,