How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband has left me. my 2 year visa is about 2 end i help

This answer was rated:

my husband has left me. my 2 year visa is about 2 end i help look after my brothers son who has a life limiting illness can i apply to remain in the uk indefnitly. i help them when there son is in hospital by looking after there other children. i also resive direct payments for helping them.

Are there any children of the marriage?

Kind regards


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no i do not have any children

Is there any chance of your husband re-committing to your relationship and supporting your application for ILR?

What nationality are you?

Is living at their property as a domestic worker a possibility?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i dont now if he will support me. he has a girlfriend

i am from pakistan

yes i could live there as a domestic worker but then i would not be able to get driect payments from them as they cant pay me other wise


Has he physically abused you in any way?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.




Thanks for question.

I’m afraid that if your husband will not support your application for ILR then applying is not a possibility.

If you cannot works as a live-in domestic worker for your brother’s home then applying to switch to a domestic worker’s visa is also not a possibility.

This leave you with only the possibility for apply for a Tier 2 sponsored skilled workers visa. You need to get a job offer from an employer who is willing to sponsor you to do one of the jobs on this list:-
If there are no jobs on that list that you can go then you need this means that you employer would have to apply to become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants and also confirm to the UKBA that they have carried out a the Resident Labour Market Test. This test is effectively to show that their are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role, though this might be difficult if there are other accounts officers who could do the role.

If they are willing to sponsor then you will also have to meet the requisite number of points under the Tier 2 points based system:-

You will see at the top right hand side there is an option to use their calculator to work out how many points you are eligible for. You should check this first before you look for jobs.

There is lots of information on Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers visas here:-

Sorry to say, but I cannot see that you have any other options but the above.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you