How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Tier 1 sponsord visa - HMRC / NHS

Resolved Question:

My wife got Tier 1 sponsord visa. Our relationship is broken, She has got National Insurance Number etc and also she takes services of NHS. How do I inform Home Office and NHS that I don't sponsor her any more.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Did she obtain the visa herself?

Or were you on a visa and she applied as your dependent?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i was on visa when she applied as my dependant
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Has she switched to her own Tier 1(or Tier 2 sponsored skilled worker) visa or does she still have leave to remain as your dependent?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She is Tier Depandant until end of this year.
I have informed UKBA that i am not responsible for her any more. Going through divorce also.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your reply..

You should have received details of a number/office you can call to report a change in circumstances when you received documentation from the UKBA when your wife received her visa.

If however you do not have this then I would contact the number on the following link:-

They may say that it is not the right department so you can simply ask to be referred to the correct one.

Once you have informed the UKBA that your relationship is effectively at end because of your separation they will move to curtail her visa. This will probably prompt her into applying for Tier2 sponsored skilled workers visa from the NHS though.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Thomas and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you