UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

If you were charged with just possesing indecent images, and…

Customer Question
If you were charged with...
If you were charged with just possesing indecent images, and also the malicous communications act for sending hoax mail, when in court what would be the most likely sentence ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/1/2011
Solicitor: UK-Justice, Barrister replied 7 years ago
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

Are there any previous convictions?

What type of indecent images are they and how many?
there are no previous convictions, and the images are sex images
Sex with what? Another child, adult, animal?

How many images?
adult sex pictures 3-4 and naked children 1-2
The starting point is 6-12 months custody. IF you plead guilty you get 1/3rd off and the sentence may be suspended.

You would also go on the sex offenders register and be disqualified from working with children.
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister