UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I was filmed on a mobile phone without my knowledge in my pub…

I was filmed on a...
I was filmed on a mobile phone without my knowledge in my pub that i manage for Marston's by a company contractor,this footage was emailed to my head office and now forms the main evidence in disciplinary proceedings against me.The pub was shut so there was no public present,can this footage be used in disciplinary proceedings.
6/1/2011
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

Did it catch you doing something wrong?
Yes,i had been rushed into hospital the night before with a suspected heart attack,i was stressed and stupidly lit a cigarette inside the pub,i do stress that we were not open.
I see.

Yes it can be used.

The same way the dwp can use video of people dancing who have claimed Incapacity benefit.

I am sorry that this is not the answer you were looking for but based on what you have said it is the legal position.
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister