UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

My ex husband posted images of myself online

Customer Question
Am I likely to get...

Am I likely to get a response today? I will be leaving office in 30min.

My ex husband posted images of myself online on few adult websites without my consent. We separated over 4 years ago and have been divorced for over 2. These could have been posted years ago. However, I have had a message from unknown person on Facebook advising me that my full name is XXXXX XXXXX pics and this is highly unusual that full name is XXXXX XXXXX it is a revange. I tried to contact this person to give me all the sites, but the account is no longer active. I know this sounds silly, but I am pretty sure my ex husband did this, he did petty things like this before; using my messinger and pretending to be me talking to my friends. This happened even after I left. Please advise what I can do to stop this and take images off the sites in question. It is pretty obvious that pics that I found are taken in the house we lived in. I am not sure if he appears in any of these as I had no time to research this any further this morning.

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2011
Solicitor: UK-Justice, Barrister replied 6 years ago
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

Are any pics offensive?

Of course, these were pictures and possibly a video where I am pretty exposed. These were taken in the privacy of our home and I was promised it will never be seen by anyone else.

I did not click accept as yet, I really need some info first please.

As this is an individual the data protection act does not apply.

However you should inform the police. This can be constituted as harassment where someone pursues a course of conduct likely to cause alarm, harassment or distress.

You could also sue your ex in the county court for this, but it will cost you the legal fees.

But the police about harassment seems the best first point of call.

They would ask him to remove the pictures. The police can also go to the Internet provider and ask for them to be removed and details of the user that posted them.
UK-Justice
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister