UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Ihave now had a assessment done and he concluded that there…

Customer Question
Ihave now had a assessment...
Ihave now had a assessment done and he concluded that there was not a problem with the tiles
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2011
Solicitor: UK-Justice, Barrister replied 7 years ago
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

I see. Send the report to the insurers. If they refuse to pay out you have 2 options.

A. Complain to the financial ombudsman, he will investigate and the service is free, although a little slow.

B. Take your insurers to court for breach of contract. You have a report which states there is not a problem (the Cost of which you can claim back).

My view is that you would be successful in court. You can issue proceedings online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk - you will have to pay a fee but this will be added to the claim.

My view is that you should try the ombudsman first then sue,
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister