UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Am I entitled to a full refund

Customer Question
?...
Am I entitled to a full refund ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2011
Solicitor: Daniel Smith, Daniel Smith replied 7 years ago
Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith, Daniel Smith
Hi there. Thanks for your question, I will help you with this.
What was wrong about the description?
I was under the impression I had ordered an Ipad2 after carrying out a search for that item.. However on receipt it was the original model, which I wouldnt have ordered anyway considering the new one was already on the market
Were you wrongly under the impression it was an iPad2, or were the shop right?

How did you order and when did you order/receive the goods?

Obviously with internet search it picked up 'Ipad' & wrongly or rightly I ordered thinking it was the correct model.
Purchased through a third party seller via Amazon. Good were received withing four days and returned within 36hrs
Okay, well the distance selling regulations does allow a 7 day cooling off period if you'd written to cancel and sent the goods back you should be entitled to exercise that right.

If you didnt use the goods, then you should consider issuing proceedings to recover the balance at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. It's a small claim and hence only the smallest risk of an adverse costs award if you lose.

Given the value of the claim, whilst it's possible, it's perhaps doubtful amazon will fight you over it.
Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith, Daniel Smith
It was a third party seller actually selling on Amazon..
I assume the same advice applies though with regards XXXXX XXXXX suggested website.
Many thanks.
I'd expect the sane principle to apply.

Good luck with this!