How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello , I live in Dubai , i am Egyptian i am 35 years old

Customer Question

hello ,
I live in Dubai , i am Egyptian i am 35 years old , married,was born in England , i work in an English company that requires several travels as per the nature of my occupation , currently i have a birth certificate , i want to apply for a British passport
is that possible ? what shall i do?
thanks in advance for your prompt reply
kind regards
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Tarek,


Thanks for your Question.


As you were born in the UK before the British Nationality Act 1981 came in to force you are a British Citizen (assuming you were not born to diplomat parents):-


No British passport are issued via the FCO in the UAE. You will have to apply for a UK passport to the Regional Centre in Dusseldorf. Full details here:-


Good luck.


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Thomas ,

what are the exact documents needed from my end to be submitted to the British Consulate in Germany , i have a British birth certificate (copy) i do not even have the original ,Egyptian Passport residency in Dubai , and a letter proves i work for Shell in the UAE , if you may please send me what other document sare required so i would be able to complete them