Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Can you tell me if this is a genuine law firm - S & B Associates,

Can you tell me if this is a genuine law firm:- S & B Associates, La Cala de Mijas, Mijas Costa, 29649, Malaga, Spain Tel 0034 603 157 216 Email sandbassociates.net
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question.

There is no online registry to check.

Abogados is the Spanish word for lawyers. There is a national bar association of abogados called Consejo General de la Abogacía Española (http://www.cgae.es/portalCGAE/home.do) a regional bar association called Colegios de Abogados where all abogados have to be registered. The national association will be able to refer you to the appropriate regional association where the solicitor contacting you on behalf of the firm are. You can then check the solicitor's credentials with the association.

If the company will not give you the name of a solicitor/lawyer working for them, it is a scam.

If the solicitor is not registered, it's a scam.

If they contacted you out of the blue, there is a high probability it is a scam.

If this is useful please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have been on the suggested website but do not understand how to find the register of lawyers
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

You will have to either have the website translated or to give them a telephone call.

You should also ask the company themselves to provide details of the solicitor acting and their registration number. If they don't then it is probably a scam.

I have heard of S & B Associate in terms of timeshare sales, they do not have a good reputation. If this the services the firm is trying to provide you with then I would be suspicious. There are a lot of firms who exploit persons desperately wishing to get rid of their timeshares by taking money up front and then disappearing.

Trust this clarifies, if so please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom