How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a tier2 visa holder in UK 5years, Iv got permanent visa

This answer was rated:

I'm a tier2 visa holder in UK 5years, I'v got permanent visa in Canada in Feb. In this case, can I still apply settlement in UK?


Thanks for your question.


I assume you are asking with regard to ILR. If this is the case then yes, you can apply for ILR whilst holding permanent residence from another country. There is no restriction on this and provided you otherwise meet the eligiblity criteria your applicaiton will be sucessful.



If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you