Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

hello,are you able to give a consultation on UK immigration

hello,are you able to give a consultation on UK immigration law?

Is your friend going to divorce the man or are they to remain living as man and wife?

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hello,they live now separately,but because of her religion she doesnt want to divorce
Hi

I'm out of the office on my phone.

Will he inform the ukba of their separation?

I'll be able to provide a detailed answer at 1000am bst tomorrow?

Tom
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi,she doesnt know,they are not contacting,as he has an injunction,not aloud to approach to her closer then 100 m and also phone her or text her.answer is not urgent,so feel free till tomorrow eve

If she has been a victim of domestic abuse at the hands of her husband then she may be able for permission to settle permanently on this basis.

She would have to prove:-

• She has been given permission to enter/remain as the wife of a British citizen or a person settled here
  • the relationship was existing and genuine (not a 'marriage of convenience', for example) when she was last given permission to enter or remain; and
  • She was the victim of domestic violence, and this is what caused the relationship to break down before the end of your permission to enter or remain.

She will have to prove the violence by submitting copy police reports, social services report (if any) and medical reports. She must also make a statement though she has not divorce she consdier that the married relationship is now at an end.

She will have to apply using Form SET (DV) to the UKBA.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask folllow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok.thank you very much for that information.just one more question.in 1 week time my friend's husband will face a court and my friend signed papers and send them to court that she will be there as a witness,but she really doesn't want to go there.is it any chance she may not go there?for any reason?thanks,Tomas

Tomas,

If she does not go when summonsed she will be in contempt of court and could be fined up to £1000.00 I'm afraid so she would be taking her chances not going.

Please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
wooops,not good news for her.and she is unemployed yet.and doesnt have place to live,at the moment she lives at somebody's place,but doesn't have any job,and doesn't speek english.horrible situation.how long she might wait for indefinite live to remain visa?(if she will show all papers which you said above?).approxs

Tomas,

The UKBA aims to reach determination on all such applications within 6-8 weeks from the date of submission.

Thanks for your kind accept.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
really?actually i am myself at the same situation,but i am waiting from august!my solicitor said,that last months!he contacted Home Office and they said they lost my application form!so he send them a copy of original.for now on i'm waiting again for around 4 weeks.my profile was quite strong(as barrister said),so i cant understand what's going wrong?

If you're asking about your application then I'm afaid that would be a separate question.

Kind regards.

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok.let's do it like a separate question