Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

If I have a 10 year UK visa holding Bahraini passport how many

If I have a 10 year UK visa holding Bahraini passport how many days a year can I stay in the UK in total - on different trips.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.
Hi.

You have a Bahrain passport with a stamp permitting leave to enter/remain in the UK for 10 years, is this correct?

It would be quite unusual for a visa of that length to be granted

Tom
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello. I have a 10 year visit visa for the UK. How many days a year can I stay in the UK in total - on different trips.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

There is a fair amount of discretion exercised by the Entry Clearance Offficer in these matters, there is no strictly applied crtieria which you can use

There is a view that a vistior should not spend more than 6 out of any 12 months in the UK under vistors visas:-

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/visitandtransit/visitorgeneral#21231581

See VAT1.5 Frequency and duration of visits on the above link. I would use this as guidance and not spend more than 6 months out of any 12 here.

You should also take evidence of your return journey details (eg. booking of flight) each time you travel.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I apologize do you mean that I should avoid spending 6 months in total annually in the UK or do you mean I should not be visiting the UK over an annual period for periods that would accumulate on an annual calendar to more than 6 months? In total I think I have spent around 150 days in the UK since last april however that has been over 6 different visits to the UK? I should be ok?
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

I mean you should not spend more han 6 months out of any 12 month period within your 10 year visa in the UK.

150 days since last april 150 days out of nearly a whole year so that is within the limit. You should be okay. Make sure you take evidence of your travel insurance and return flight tickets though just to verifiy that you will return home.

Trust this clarifies, if so please click accept. If you do not I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Tom