UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I need to know if someone in England has died in the last year

Customer Question
or so. She is Mrs...
I need to know if someone in England has died in the last year or so. She is Mrs Betty Lovegrove ofXXXXXWarlingham, born in March 1933.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Law
3/26/2011
Solicitor: Thomas, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer

Hi

Thanks for your question.

A death must be registered within five days. The death will receive a death certificate and all such certificates are held both at the local registry office where the death was registered and centrally at the General Register Office.

You can execute a search of the records online for a small fee (around £10, £23 for results within 24 hours.

You can search here:-

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Thomas
Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer