How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7613
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my fiancee is turkish and i want him to come to england just

Resolved Question:

my fiancee is turkish and i want him to come to england just on holiday to meet the rest of my family before we marry
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Please can you confirm that he is only to visit for a period of less than 6 months and that you shall not marry during this time.


Kind regards,


Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes at the moment it just for him to visit to meet the rest of my family before we marry in turkey later in the year.

What do i need to do to marry in turkey what are the formalities.


Thank you

Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



THanks for your reply.


He needs to apply for a visitor's visa. He can do this online via the UKBA's Visa services website. THe criteria is as follows:-

  • you want to visit the UK for no more than six months;
  • you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
  • you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds. you do not intend to take paid or unpaid employment

    In order to demonstrate the above he should submit documentary evidence of his ongoing responsibilities and commitments in Turkey. Things should be evidence of his job (letter from employer stating he is to return) and accommodation (continuing tenancy or evidence of home ownership) back home.


    In addition you should execute sponsorship declaration drafted by a solicitor for around £50 which would be sworn by you stating that you are inviting him only for a short period of time, shall accommodate him during his stay and will meet the cost of any unforeseen expenses that should occur. It would also state that you are aware he may not attempt to seek another form of visa whilst he is here as it may prejudice his future applications for visa were he to make any.


    If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I ma be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

    Kind regards,




    Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you