Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

if u are 19 yrs old and lve in uk since 2008 under student

Customer Question

if u are 19 yrs old and lve in uk since 2008 under student and married to AAE MEMBER CAN U APPLY TO SWITCH UR VISA ?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Can you confirm that you are asking if you can switch to a visa based on your marriage to an EEA national?

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Yes, you can switch to an EEA family permit whilst you are legally here on your tier 4 student visa,

Usually where one non-eea family member is to travel to the UK they would apply for a family permit before they travel. I am not sure this is appropriate in your case because you are already here.

Once the family permit is granted the non-eea family member can then apply for a residence card, which is a stamp in your passport confirming your right to stay in the UK because you have a right of residence.

You should make enquiries directly with the UKBA in order to establish whether it is necessary for you to apply for a family permit before you apply for a residence card.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you help me to do it ? because i want someone who can help me to fill the application form and send it to them
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

I'm afraid experts are not permitted to take instructions from customers to act privately on their behalf.

The form is not too complicated and if you have any specific questions which you think I may be able to answer on this forum then just post another question.

Alternatively you can either take it to your local citizen's advice centre or ask a local solicitor to check it for you. They would do this for fee.,

Thanks for your kind accept.

Kind regards,

Tom