Simon
Simon, Solicitor
Experience:  I'm a solicitor specialising in criminal defence work. I have been in private practice for 5 years.
26997103

my divorce from my exwife was final in august 1995 and was

Customer Question

my divorce from my exwife was final in august 1995 and was issued in haverfordwest, wales,UK. I lost my copy in hurricane katrina. how can i get a certified copy of my divorce decree?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  MaryMeadenEsq replied 6 years ago.

Hello.

Do you remember the name of the court that issued the original decree? Was it Pembrokeshire Family Court? If you can remember the name of the court then all divorce records are public records and you can simply contact the court itself to get this record for you. In the alternative, there are on-line search service companies that specialize in getting original/certified copies of birth, death, marriage and divorce records from all over the world. Here is a company that searches USA and UK divorce records (scroll down -- about halfway down the page you can initiate a UK search).

http://www.abika.com/Reports/Divorcerecords.htm

I hope this helps.

GOOD LUCK

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time.

THANK YOU

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This does not help us. The link your gave us will not let us go to uk. We are looking for and address of the court house. We do not know the name of the court or if is was family court.
Can you get us an address or a phone # XXXXX can try????
I will transfer the question over to our UK law section -- someone over there should have more information on obtaining copies of divorce records over there. (the link worked when I tried it -- I plugged in my british brother in law's divorce information -- the UK section is about halfway down the page and does not jump right out at you). But, perhaps someone in the UK just answer section can help you out. I will opt out of the question.
Expert:  Simon replied 6 years ago.

Hi

Address for the Haverfordwest County Court is:

Penffynnon
Hawthorn Rise
Haverfordwest Dyfed
Wales
SA61 2AX

Phone number: +44 (0)1437 772060

Give them a call ensuring you have the details of both parties and when the decree absolute was made and they will be able to assist.

Hope that helps but feel free to ask any follow questions that occur.

Regards

Simon

Simon, Solicitor
Experience: I'm a solicitor specialising in criminal defence work. I have been in private practice for 5 years.