How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Simon Your Own Question
Simon, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 58
Experience:  I'm a solicitor specialising in criminal defence work. I have been in private practice for 5 years.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Simon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Mothers British pension was automatically deposited in

Resolved Question:

My Mother's British pension was automatically deposited in her account for years without any problem, then about a year ago it just stopped without any explanation or notice. She nor I (son) have any idea who we should contact. This was something that my Father would have handled but he passed away two years ago.
If someone could point me in the right direction to start looking into this for her it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jim Heenan [email protected]
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Simon replied 6 years ago.



You or your mum need to contact the Department for Work and Pensions, particularly the Pension Service/Pensions Direct, to find out what's going on. All you'll need is your mum's National Insurance number and they should be able to assist.


Phone number for Pensions Direct - 0845 301 301 1 (N.B. it's chargeable)


In the event that they refer back to NI you'll need to contact the Department for Social Development.


Hope that assists but please feel free to ask any follow-up questions that occur.





Simon and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you