Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hi, I am a foreign national on employer-sponsored work permit

Hi, I am a foreign national on employer-sponsored work permit and have been working in the UK for over 4 years now. I have now received a warning for failure to register my work permit issued in 2008 with the police which has been put on my file. I wonder what the implications are if I apply for another job and upon applying for perminent residence when I have 5 years of work experience.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I assume that you have now registered the permit. If you have then it should not affect your applying for a a new sponsored job.

It should not affect your application for ILR unless the UKBA attempts to hold that this failure speaks to a lack of good character, which in my view would be unwise since you could always appeal the decision on the basis that this was an honest mistake and you rectified the position within a reasonable time. Your application would have a fairer hearing on appeal in front of a judge who knows the law rather than an immigration official at the UKBA. If they accept that it was genuinely an honest mistake then your appeal would be allowed.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

I do not believe you completed that last post in its entirety.

Tom