Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I have studied in uk and earned my Mechanical Engineering Degree

<p>I have studied in uk and earned my Mechanical Engineering Degree from Teessside back on 1986 , Would i be elligibale for Uk immegration to UK ,having lived in uk over 6 years during my studies . moreover please be advised I am palastinian , married with 4 sons , and working in oil company in UAE .My age is 51 years old , my sons are still studying in colleges and schools . I was brought up in Qatar , where my father had to leave syria back on 1967 to find job and later me and my mother and rest of my familes joined my father , i was 7 years when i left syria so i was brought up and complete all my studies till O- level in Qatar , then I went to UK to continue with my studies , till i earned my degree and started working in Construction company in Qatar , I stayed in this company for 16 years , and in 2003 i left to UAE , Abu Dhabi and worked in OIl company as A construction Manager for OIl and Gas industries . I wonder if I could be considered to immigrate to UK with my families . it is to be noted i am palastinan and holding Syrian travel document as palastinians of 1948 don't have passports .</p>

Thanks for your question.

I'm afraid that if you lived in the UK from 1986-1992 during your studies does not qualify you for indefinite leave to remain or qualify you for an easier way of obtaining a visa now than any other person.

Had you remained in the UK studying for 10 years you could have then applied for ILR but as it is you have no more rights to an immigration status than any other persons.

The limit for workers visas applications was hit in December so, unfortunately, there are no new applications for workers visas being considered until further notice.

Here is the page of the UKBA where the links to worker points-based visas can be found at the bottom so that you can check your eligibility for when the cap is lifted:-

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/

Sorry it could not be better news.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom