UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I bought some new suspension for my car (via distance selling)

. The items were...
I bought some new suspension for my car (via distance selling) . The items were delivered to the workshop that were going to fit it for me on the 23/12/10. I ordered via the goods via this same workshop approx 3 weeks ago. I have since changed my mind - can I get a refund? I paid using a credit card. I do not have possesion of the items (the workshop does) as the workshop that were going to fit it for me ordered the items directly from the manufacturer on my behalf.
1/1/2011
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi

Thank you for your question. I will try to help with this.

If this was an online deal then you have the right to cancel within 7 days in writing of receipt of the product.

There are some exceptions to that although they are not likely to apply here. The only one that I can see immediately they could try to rely on is this. There is no automatic cooling off period for goods that are clearly personalised. In fairness, they had to order them specially but that doesn't really get over the hurdle of being 'clearly personalised'. The goods are still theirs to sell to another.

Remember to set down the cancellation in writing or it will be void.

I am happy to discuss the above but please remember to click on accept. I will continue to help for free thereafter.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister