UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

my property has five garages four of which under covenant are…

Customer Question
my property has five garages...
my property has five garages four of which under covenant are rented to my neighbours
each garage has a water pipe and during the cold weather one pipe burst and water sprayed everywhere I insure the bricks and mortar but not the contents
there was no car in the garage only personal effects
my question is am I responsible for water damage ? or can my neighbour claim on their own insurance?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: UK Law
1/1/2011
Solicitor: F E Smith, Solicitor replied 7 years ago
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor

Good afternoon,

In my view if you insure the bricks and mortar then you are liable for the burst pipes and any consequential loss sustained.

If I have answered your question, please click on 'Accept' so that I can receive credit, thereafter I will happily deal with your follow up questions.

F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor