UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Happy NewYear !I dvertised to rent a room in my flat for…

Customer Question
Happy NewYear ! I dvertised...
Happy NewYear ! I dvertised to rent a room in my flat for a French girl to pay a small rent £70/wk on condition that i benefite fron every day spoken french, It turns out that she is not French but spannish and her Spoken french is very poor, I have no written contract with her but I originally said I required 1 week`s rent + 2 weeks deposit in advance. She has only paid me the one week and has no furher money, Furthermore she has turned out to be an awful character, rude and aggressive etc. I want her out immediatly. If she refuses to return the key and refuses to leave and take her belongings have i the write to remove her myself or does she have writes. Thank you for your answer, George XXXXX Thank you for your nswer, XXXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: UK Law
1/1/2011
Solicitor: UK-Justice, Barrister replied 7 years ago
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister

If there is no agreement she is only there on licence.

You can change the locks at any time without notice.

But you must be careful with her possessions and make sure they are not damaged, but you can certainly remove them.

She does not have any tenants rights.