UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Hi, an former business associate has posted inaccurate information…

Customer Question
Hi, an former business associate...
Hi, an former business associate has posted inaccurate information about me on his website. I have contacted the web host who are American based and I have been informed that they will not remove it, even thought the website has not been updated for several months without a court order....what do I need to do in order to have this information removed?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: UK Law
12/23/2010
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 7 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hi

Thank you for your question. I will try to help with this.

Can you tell me in what way it is inaccurate?

The following text is what a Mr Adrian Radford has placed on his website since I withdrew from the London School of Surveillance....I spoke to the police as he tried to blackmail me, he harrassed me and tried without success to have my centre closed. I have all the evidence to prove this wasn't the case but I can not seem to have this information removed without a court order according to the webhost

Website - http://www.londonschoolofsurveillance.com/

"Lawson Associates is in no way connected to the London School of Surveillance Ltd or legally licensed to teach or train the unique London School of Surveillance Ltd. copyrighted courses. Students are advised if contacted by Lawson Associates to report the matter to the London School of Surveillance Ltd. immediately and/or your local Trading Standards office. Students who have paid funds to Lawson Associates for funding through government schemes are strongly advised to recontact their supplier to obtain urgent advice following a suspension of Lawson Associates."