How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am owed money by in online company for goods they have not

Resolved Question:

I am owed money by in online company for goods they have not sent , they promised to refund me the money yet I have still not received it more than 5 months later . What are my options ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Do you have proof of your payment to them initially?


What do you have by way of proof stating they will refund you the money?


What is the value of the monies owed?


Did you purchase as a consumer?


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I have proof of payment from my bank account , plus all verification and details regarding my order online . I have kept all e-mails from the company in question and the amount they owe me is £77.76p .
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.


Write them a final letter sent by registered post entitled "Letter before Intended Legal Proceedings". Refer to the transaction and your subsequent correspondence, proof of payment, your assertion that the goods have not been delivered within a reasonable time, proof of their statement to refund and state that if you do not receive a cheque in the sum owed made payable to you within 14 days of the date of the letter then you shall issue a claim against them for the monies and your costs.


If they do not pay then you can issue a claim for the money yourself through Her Majesty Courts Service's online service: It's very straight forward and easy to use.



Open a file, send the letter by registered post, keep copies of everything for use in any claim you may choose to issue at a later date.


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my efforts. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,




Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you