UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

What wording could I use for topping and tailing a sworn…

What wording could I use...
What wording could I use for 'topping and tailing' a sworn affidavit for my application for Certificate of lawfulness to my local Borough Council. This is in connection with support information for change of use of an outbuilding which has been a dwelling for 4 years plus.
11/1/2010
Matthew J
Matthew J, Solicitor

Matthew J :

Hi, how are you. I shall try and help.

Can you just clarify, is this a statutory declaration or a sworn oath you require?
Local requirements states, "Lawful developement certificate supporting information (e.g. sworn affirdavits from people with personal knowledge of the existing use.) "

Hi

OK the top line should say:-

" I (your name) make oath and say:-"

then the body of the declaration, and then at the end;

Declared at.........................................

before me ...............................

on the ........................... date of............................2010

A Solicitor empowered to administer oaths

Matthew J
Matthew J, Solicitor

Would you say this looks OK?

I Robert John Heyes make oath and say that the information given in appendices 01to 04c accompanying the application for Application for a Lawful Development Certificate for the existing use for a period more than four years before the submission of the application in breach of a planning condition of the outbuilding at Juniper Cottage,XXXXXBramley GU5 0DS supports the continuous availability of the outbuilding as a ‘C3 Dwellinghouse' (ref. The Use Classes of the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (as amended)) .