UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Dear Lawyers, I bought a studio apartment in a holiday ski…

Customer Question
Dear Lawyers, I bought a studio...
Dear Lawyers,

I bought a studio apartment in a holiday ski resort in Bulgaria with the agreement that the construction company would rent it out for two years and then I could change agents if I wished.
The property has been rented out yet I have received nothing. I have received no statements to show lettings either. I have been on line and found all studio flats let for the past weeks with only one or two available in the immediate future.
I get no reply when I 'phone the only number that has not changed and no reply to emails to the person who is responsible for lettings.
I have been approached by two people via email and mobile phone who have set up an Owners' Association. However, I am not to know anything about the decisions of the association until I pay £200 into a personal (I checked) bank account with no name only number and sort code. When I asked for the name I was told that I did not need it. There are 240 owners which is money. There were several discrepancies and I have chosen not to join. Do I have other options to pursue, please?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 day by:
11/2/2010
Solicitor: DR Lawyer, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
DR Lawyer
DR Lawyer, Lawyer

DR Lawyer :

Hello, Many thanks for your question. I shall endeavour to assist. If there is anything in my answer that you require me to clarify please ask.

DR Lawyer :

I have helped quite a few people who have had problems with Bulgarian property investments. This sounds like a scam and I would not suggest that you send the payment into this bank account. If they will accept a credit card payment from you then you could do it that way because if it turns out to be scam you should be able to get your money back from the credit card company under Section 75 Consumer Credit Act 1974.

DR Lawyer :

If you decide that you want to pursue the developer for the rent then I would suggest you contact this firm of Bulgarian lawyers http://solicitorbulgaria.com/index.php/testimonials.

DR Lawyer :

Regards

DR Lawyer :

DR Lawyer