How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a british citizen working with NHS full time. My parents

Resolved Question:

I am a british citizen working with NHS full time. My parents lives in India They are over 62 years old.
they been to England once for 2 months however I would like them to keep with me here in UK. Please advise.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your question.

If they are not eligible workers visas under the points based system then in order for them to come here to settle here then it would be on the basis as a dependent of you. I'm afraid that, on the basic facts, this will not be possible because it is only available to a widowed parent of you who is over 65 years of age. If they are still both living then they are ineligible.

The criteria is as follows (please note I have drafted it as referring your father:-


  • He is a widowed parent over 65 years of age (ie. birth certificate, death certificate, passport)
  • He is completely or mainly financially dependent on his children or grandchildren (his financial records, your financial records of transfer of money to him)
  • He has no close relatives in his own Country to help him (statements from him, perhaps others)
  • His children/;grandchildren can support him without needing help from public funds (evidence of your housing/assets/income which is to assist him)
  • His children/grandchildren have enough accommodation which they alone own or live in where he can live with the need to access public funds (land registry title documents, tenancy agreements, statements from you all)

I am very sorry it could not be better news.


They can of course still apply for 6 months visitor's visas in the normal way.



If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
im nit happy with your answer, my both parents are alive.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

I am afraid I'm here to give you the answer based on the law, not an answer that is not based on law but which you like.


Kind regards,



Thomas and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you