How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i what to bring my chinese girlfriend to england but she has

Resolved Question:

i what to bring my chinese girlfriend to england but she has no job and no money and she is being told she will not get a visa
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



How long have you been in a relationship with your girlfriend for?


Kind regards,




Customer: replied 7 years ago.

one year


Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your reply.


You need to have been living together as if you married for two years in order to be eligible for an unmarried partners visa, so I'm afraid she would not qualify for this visa.


If you were to intend to be married then you could apply for either a fiance visa so that you can marry here. You must both be over 21 years of age for this and have enough funds to support and house yourselves without the need to access public funds. You would then have to marry here and then she would have to apply for a spouses visa (the same criteria as to age and supporting/housing each other would still apply.


Alternatively you could marry in china and then apply directly for a spouses visa under the same criteria.


If she is not eligible to apply under the points based system for a workers visa (check here:- or as a student (check here:-, then she is limited to coming for on a 6 months visitor's visa. She would have to leave at the end of the period, otherwise it may jeopardise any future application she would make.


I'm very sorry it could not be better news.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.


Kind regards,





Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you