How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a phillipino person is working in UK legally, but has not

This answer was rated:

If a phillipino person is working in UK legally, but has not completed citizenship applications, would there be any problem for this person's children(under 18yrs) to visit? Would there be any difficulty getting a visa for them? do you know how long the process of getting a visa should take or what it should cost?
Who could I advise this phillipno person to talk to regarding these matters?
Thank you very much



As long as the parent living in the UK has a legal right to remain here (ie. a legal immigration status) then it should not be a problem obtaining a visa, but they will have to get one before they travel.


They will have to apply to the British Embassy in the Philippines or they can attempt to do so online on the link at the bottom of the page.


You will see that the the requirements are slightly different depending on whether they are traveling with an adult or not (see "Special Visitors: child visitors). A small fee is payable, I believe this to be around £60 per visa application. They applications are aimed to be completed no later than two months but it depends on how busy the UKBA are and these can even run to three months or as little as two weeks - it's a bit of a lottery I'm afraid.


Here is the link to all the information you need to apply:-

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,



Edited by Thomas on 8/9/2010 at 9:52 AM EST
Thomas and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you