How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a British overseas citizen and i live in the UK do i need

Resolved Question:

I am a British overseas citizen and i live in the UK do i need a visa to go to spain
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



Yes, your status allows you permission to enter and leave the UK at will but it does not afford you traditional EEA national rights.


You will need to apply for a Schengen Visa to the Spanish Embassy. If you call them and state that they will be able to given you information on how to apply for this. It will be a formality and you will need to complete some forms and produce evidence of your identity.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,



Thomas and 3 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you