How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi sir,i was been issued 5yrs visa to stay as afamily member

Resolved Question:

hi sir,i was been issued 5yrs visa to stay as afamily member of eu but my nigeria passport of which that consist the 5yrs is expired but i have got the new nigeria i need to send it to home office for the 5yrs to be transfar into my new passport or can i trevel with it like that plus my new passport with the expired one that consisted the 5yrs visa to Nigeria.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


You've got to get it stamped on your new passport. You should send it to UKBA to get them to re-stamp it. You will have to send both your old and new passport (better send by registered post) so that they can note it and make the appropriate stamp and a fee will be chargeable, attach a covering letter explaining your situation. You will have to give them a telephone call about how much they charge.


It's conceivable that you could possibly be let back in to the UK in the method you describe but plainly it's not worth the risk, especially with the immigration policy being tightened right now.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.


Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you